Petra - Ready to go...

Looking for a direction in my life... As is a tale, so is life: not how long it is, but how good it is, is what matters. Seneca

Monday, September 22, 2008

Holidays in Brazil

I have decided that I will be posting more on this blog these months. I think it is a really cool way how to stay connected with my friends as well as share the experience I am going through. Also now the time is quite relax so I can use the most of it.

I was thinking about the last weeks since I came to Brazil and they have been really chilled. I don't remember when I felt so much calmness and peace. I am feeling really happy about my life and the way I live it. I have a great job that I enjoy, but I have also enough time for myself and my personal life... That's so great! It may sound like a very obvious thing, but for me it is not. I remember time when this was not happening at all therefore I am so much grateful for it now!

I have realized that I haven`t posted anything about my holidays in Brazil. I spent almost a week there after IC. Firstly I went to Rio de Janeiro and spent two days there. It is an amazing place to be. I didn`t expect so much but it turned out to be one of the most beautiful places I have been to. I enjoyed my two days so much there and I regretted leaving so early. Here are some pictures:

Sittng at Copacabana beach


View on Rio de Janeiro
Statue of Christ

After Rio de Janeiro I moved to Salvador. After 2,5 hour flight we ended up in a completely different part of Brazil. This part has a lot of African influence. Experience in Salvador was very different than the previous one. Me and Tina were staying with Felipe and his family which made us feel Brazil as local people. We had great time there, we had fun and there was good care taken of us by Barca who was our guide as well as translator. Communicating with my poor Spanish was not very useful therefore I needed a lot of help. We did a lot of sightseeing in Salvador, visited many different places and tasted various (sometimes weird:-) food.

Drinking coconut with Tina and Barca
On the beach with MC 07/08
Enjoying the sun on the beach


Brazil was a very nice experience, great days of relax as well as getting to now new country and culture. It was my first time in Latin America and I am sure that I have learnt a lot from this experience. I realized the value of things that are obvious and sometimes for granted in Europe but many people still lack there...

1 Comments:

  • At 1:31 AM, Blogger Inspector Clouseau said…

    Interesting blog. Brazil is an amazing country. I also visited Argentina, Venezuela, and Peru. All fascinating. I came across your blog while blog surfing using the “next blog” button on the Nav Bar of blogger.com. I am continually fascinated by the types of blogs that exist on the Internet, and the various, creative ways in which people all over the globe express themselves. Thanks for sharing.

    http://www.theviewfromoutsidemytinywindow.blogspot.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home