Petra - Ready to go...

Looking for a direction in my life... As is a tale, so is life: not how long it is, but how good it is, is what matters. Seneca

Monday, September 08, 2008

IC 2008, Sao Paulo

IC 2008 in Brazil ... 600 delegates, 200 alumni and 150 external guests...

IC was a great experience. It was very intense but unforgettable. I think I have challenged my own limits as never before. Having ten days of ER agenda meant that we had to be 10 days in formal clothes, smiling and taking care of our guests. It doesn't sound that difficult but in reality it takes a lot of effort to handle that. Especially if you don't have half day of to relax and be alone for a while without interacting to anyone. IC was a very different experience than last year. Mainly because I had completely different delegates than the rest of AI team. Our ER team had our own external guests to take care of. That means that we hardly showed up in plenary, interacted with delegates or were involved in session delivery. Our days were full of meetings with different partners and dry-runs of partner launches. Whole day we were interacting with people who are at least ten or twenty years older than we are. Sometimes it was really exhausting but it was worth when I think about people I spoke to or when I think about different conversations I had.For me IC was also about reconnecting. I was extremely happy to meet friends I have not seen for a year or more. Even though my agenda was very busy I tried to find some time every day to be with people that are important to me. It was also so cool to be again together at least with a part of our MC. Even though we have been going through different experiences during last three months we still belong to each other. We had good time together remembering our experience from the last year. It was also very interesting to listen to their stories from the countries they currently live in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home